Interesting few days

It started with an appointment with a nurse from my neurologist’s office.  She was going over the results from my neuropsych testing back in June 2015.  Turns out they discovered I was color blind!  Knew that since I was in high school.  Am both depressed and anxious.  No surprise there, either.  The appointment cost my normal co-pay for a specialist of $50.  They also determined I had a spatial vision problem.  In English it means I have problems judging distances.  Learned that one a long time ago the hard way.  Putting a full glass of liquid on a flat surface like a table is a challenge for me.  Good thing I haven’t driven since before we moved into this state back in 2008.

So the Physician’s Assistant  prescribed Lexapro  5 MG once a day for the depression and anxiety.  The only side effect I’ve experienced so for (maybe) a migraine like head ache.  The reason I  said maybe is there was a pressure front moving through the area at the time.  Pressure fronts can trigger migraines in me.

After that was. over went downstairs for my normally scheduled infusion of Tysarbi.  While there, I asked the nurse if Tysarbi could be causing my case of Athlete’s foot.  She said it is possible since it lowers my immune system’s ability to fight off infections.

The next day my husband went downstairs to start our laundry, when my cell phone rang.  It was my father-in-law calling trying to get in touch with my husband.  He had been in a car accident while on his way back from a trip to the state of Texas.  He told me not to worry, he had just bruised his hand a little.  Told him I would have to hang up so that I could call my husband.  Called him and asked him to call his step-father who had been in an accident.  My husband got in contact with my father-in-law and agreed to meet him at the mechanic where the vehicle had been towed to.  We used to use the mechanic before we moved to our house.  He got the clothes in the wash then left.

Got a call from my husband when he arrived at the mechanic’s.  The vehicle will probably have to be totaled due to the damage.  His step-father had done a heck of a lot more damage to himself than he let on to me.  My husband took him to the urgent care clinic to have him looked over and get his hand X-rayed.  Then he contacted his mother to let her know where her husband was!  My husband grounded his step-farther from driving for a month.  When his mom arrived, she grounded her husband too.  Turns our he had broken his hand.  That is JUST a little more than a bruise in my opinion.

My husband came back home, then the company we purchased my husband’s motorcycle from came to tow the our motorcycle away because the brakes were no longer working properly.  I have still not had the chance to ride it with him yet!  He is not a happy camper with his motorcycle in the shop!

The next day, my husband had a chiropractors appointment in the morning.  He got his back adjusted then went grocery shopping for the week ahead.  It was around 3 PM by the time he got back home!  Once home, he got a call from the motorcycle repair shop letting him know the problem with his motorcycle was from a problem that had a recall out to be fixed by the manufacturer.

They weren’t authorized to do the recall work required.  They towed the motorcycle at their cost to a company in the area that could take care of the repair.  It will be fixed there then returned to the place we had bought it from for other repairs that we had requested they complete while they had it.  Brake light modulators for safety, both of us agreed was well worth the added investment!

My father-in-law is now resting safely at home with his wife and cat.  Our motorcycle is in a different repair shop than the one we purchased it from.  No clue when we will have it back.  And I still have NOT gotten to ride the machine, yet!  No clue why I miss it.


2 thoughts on “Interesting few days

Leave either your saintly wisdom or even better demonic musings!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s